If you are looking to sell your house your realtor will probably give you tips on how to get your home ready to list. That will include staging (read a few ideas here) and getting images made to go on MLS, other online sites and for brochures. That’s where I come in.
Assuming you have already gotten it stage ready, here are some tips on how to get your house photo ready for it’s glamor session:
- Turn on all the lights, even your outside porch, deck and patio lights oh, and lamps too. Make sure all your bulbs are burning. Want to go one step further? Use daylight bulbs in all your overhead lighting.
- Open all your blinds. If you have slat blinds, drop all the way to the window sill, rotate slats completely horizontal (parallel to the floor). All curtains should be open as well. If you have retention roll blinds, bring those up to run even with the window locks (about middle should do just fine).
- Hide all recycling bins and trash cans, even ones in the bathroom. You can usually stash those in the garage.
- Close all toilet seat lids.
- Make sure all the debris is picked up from your yard; don’t forget if we can see under your deck, it will show up in the photographs.
If you follow these simple guidelines, you will be guaranteed beautiful images, that will catch buyer’s attention and get your house sold fast!
Welcome to my new real estate clients, I look forward to working with you and getting your listings sold.
Here is a sample from a session I did last week: